Thread: RIP Sean "Hybrid" Whalen

stage dives & high fives Spitty's Avatar

RIP Sean "Hybrid" Whalen

As new(old) people are visiting the forum again for the first time in a long time, I feel it is only right to pay respects to a former CF'er that a lot of us knew very well, and provide information for those who were unaware.

We have lost the threads about it due to the recent forum reset, but we were made aware of Sean's death some time ago.

Here is his obituary:
    Mr. Sean M. Whalen, 23, of Bellingham MA died early Thursday morning (April 9, 2009) at the Milford Regional Medical Center as a result of injuries sustained in an automobile accident in Bellingham MA.

Mr. Whalen was born in Bedford Texas, the son of Francis J. Whalen and Katherine A. (Batts) Whalen. He attended grammar school in Arlington Texas and was a graduate of Bellingham High School, Class of 2004.

Mr. Whalen has been a resident of Bellingham since 2000 and was first employed at Consolidated Container Corporation located in Franklin MA. He later was employed at the Franklin offices of Putnam Investments and most recently had been employed at the North Bellingham MacDonald's Restaurant.

Mr. Whalen was an avid sportsman who loved to play all sports including hockey, football and baseball. He cherished his relationships with family members and friends and was more like a "best friend" to his father and brother than son and brother.

Mr. Whalen is survived by his father: Francis "Frank" Whalen and his brother: Patrick A. Whalen, both of Bellingham MA; his mother: Kathryn Whalen of Lawrence MA; his maternal grandmother: Geraldine (Hanna) Batts of Salem NH; also many aunts, uncles and cousins.
    You can read about the incident that took his life here.

----

It's been awhile, but I still think about it from time to time. I think about how crazy it is that I have friends I have never met in real life before that I've been friends with for over a decade now.

It is a comforting feeling to know that the emotions that come with a tragedy like this aren't very different than the feelings that come with news like this regarding individuals I've met in real life. I may not have known Sean as much more than a personality attached to a forum username, but it was really saddening to learn of his passing.

RIP Sean Whalen.

Take care, ol' top.

Can't say I was acquainted with him very well, but RIP brother.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2Face
    dude this isnt for spam. im looking for any reason i can to bad you agian so keep it up asshole.

I... knew nothing of this one

Always remember you Hybrid, sleep well <3

I believe his last post was in the Watchmen thread. Feels like yesterday.

I miss Sean. I remember all those old graphics competitions we used to have here on the boards..

Sad that this is the first thread I read upon my return to CF.

R.I.P. Hybrid
    Occasional visitor.

stage dives & high fives Spitty's Avatar
    Sticking this thread so those who randomly visit the forum can see.

I'm flecking retarded Yung is a G's Avatar
    Wow... =/ ... I had no clue. That sucks.

R.I.P.
    trendyDARK: (7:19:39 PM)dude, i'm sitting in front of my fire place all night tomorrow, not one fat fuck is coming down this chimney!

Banned
    Take care.

-----------------------------------
    The Vampire Diaries Season 3 DVD
    United States of Tara Seasons 1-3 DVD

=( danng

San Diego Chargers Highlights 05
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason
    They didn't do a lot to improve contrary to what you really do believe, plus I still think Drew Brees was a fluke. I fully expect Antonio Gates to have a nice Sophmore slump seeing as how he's the ONLY target the much overrated Drew Brees has.

Haven't been here in years. Decided to drop in and this is what I see.. fucked up. Crazy to think that I've known a lot of you guys for like 13+ years.

R.I.P.
    TheFoulMouth

Didn't anti-hero die as well? We should add him to the thread somehow.

RIP Fallen CF homies

1335467207_6015067182_c0a6fd0e8f.jpg
    SIGNATURE DELETED DUE TO MALWARE CLEAN UP YOUR ACT ASSHOLE

- The Administration

what happened to anti-hero?

Can anyone else confirm? I don't want to say anything more in case I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure Crisis (anti-hero's cousin) was around a while back and he was talking about it.
    SIGNATURE DELETED DUE TO MALWARE CLEAN UP YOUR ACT ASSHOLE

- The Administration

I'm very pleased to see you guys still think about him. Dylan J. Wells (anti-hero). The obituary is here http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/nky...&pid=154540928 I do remember posting about it a couple years ago, and for whatever reason I woke up today determined to get on this site. I think about him every day, and to be honest since he passed, I feel like my childhood was ripped away. He died 11/3/2011. The obituary doesn't say how he died to be respectful, but it was suicide. A gun in the mouth. Its amazing how people can put up an act, especially the day before hand, and have such thoughts in their mind. I knew he was on anti-depressants; hence (anti-hero) but I thought around 16-17 he was off them, and didn't need them. Apparently he wasn't off them, and had received a new perscription within a year prior to his death. He was 23. Clinical depression is a terrible thing to have, and no matter how many nice things he had, how many places around the world he visited, or how many friends he had by his side, he always felt alone and unhappy. If you guys know someone like that, just be there for them. I think all the time to myself "Had I just gone over there, what would be different now?" I had no reason to suspect anything was wrong, but I felt that day like I should go hang out, but I didn't. I got the worst phone call of my life later that night.
    I guess if you have questions or anything, just email me. rogermcelfresh@gmail.com

Jesus man, I remember talking to him on AIM a few times and he was a stand up dude. My thoughts are with you and your family. I don't think I'm alone when I say it's a struggle to quantify how much influence we've had on each others lives here without coming off as a little glib. Even so, I have genuine affinity for everyone here regardless of how much or little we interacted during CF's prime. Take care man, and if you ever need to vent, the quick reply box is always open.

terrible. Depression is indeed a very scary disease. I can't honestly say I remember that much about him and I won't pretend to, but I do know I enjoyed reading his posts, and I loved his user name. Sometimes back then when I saw an anti-hero type character in some form of media, I'd think "heh it's an anti-hero". Take care of yourself, Crisis.

RIP Dylan.