Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Let's Lose Fat 3

Hit the gym today for chest/tri workout followed by some cardio. I feel so good right now. Been 6 months since I lifted.

I'm back to my summer 2011 weight which means that since January I've undone my great progress from August-December. I'm pretty much back where I was a year ago.

Unacceptable. I'm resolving now to dedicate all my efforts to improving myself.
    SIGNATURE DELETED DUE TO MALWARE CLEAN UP YOUR ACT ASSHOLE

- The Administration

I weigh 182lbs right now. By June 1st I'll be between 165-170. Afterward I'll start lifting and put weight back on but as muscle. I'll be doing a lot of cardio work and a lot of mma training to drop the weight. We'll see how it goes.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    I weigh 182lbs right now. By June 1st I'll be between 165-170. Afterward I'll start lifting and put weight back on but as muscle. I'll be doing a lot of cardio work and a lot of mma training to drop the weight. We'll see how it goes.
    You should check out GSP: Rushfit if you're into that kind of thing.
    Occasional visitor.

I'd rather just go to the gym and have people to spar with. It keeps me interested.

I've dropped 9 and a half pounds in the last two weeks just calorie counting really. Trying to keep a daily calorie count under 1800. It's hard for me to diet because I'm ultra picky when it comes to food so the best thing I can really do is this. Two weeks ago when I started this I felt like I was starving all the time, last couple days have been much better though and I've actually been staying pretty well under that 1800 mark at the same time. The goal from here is 21 more pounds by the middle of June when I head back home.
    "When an idiot and a genius argue, it's often hard to tell which is which."

"Surrender?? Surrender????!! What do you think this A on my forehead stands for!!? FRANCE!!??"- Captain America, Ultimates #12

Just had like 10,000 calories a day for the past 4 days in Rome, and I'm going to binge for exams

May/June and half of July will be hardcore cut time... 1500cal a day + 5 days a week at gym!

Doing pretty good with my diet, guys. At 220 lbs right now. That's roughly 14 lbs lost since April 9th.

Hit my 20 lb's mark yesterday. Ten more to go by the middle of June to reach my goal.
    "When an idiot and a genius argue, it's often hard to tell which is which."

"Surrender?? Surrender????!! What do you think this A on my forehead stands for!!? FRANCE!!??"- Captain America, Ultimates #12

I've played 5 hockey games in the past week (more than I've played in total so far in 2012) and I'm quite surprised how fast I'm getting my legs back. I must admit though, during / after those 5 games, I was used, bruised and abused.
    Occasional visitor.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason View Post
    Hit my 20 lb's mark yesterday. Ten more to go by the middle of June to reach my goal.
    Did you hit that goal?

I've lost 2 more pounds since my last post putting me at 218 lbs.. I didn't lose a single pound last month. I think my cheat meals got out of hand.

On a program right now, it's a 5 day split with cardio.

What up guys I hope your fitness goals are going well. I've been having some good progress but I'm still a long way to go from having my ideal stats. I've been very disciplined with my nutrition which I think is making the biggest difference. Hopefully when I come back to this post in a few months I'll be closer to my goal.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    Intermittent fasting. A long period of fasting or eating very little followed by a brief period of feeding.

Most popular IF approach: http://www.leangains.com/2010/04/leangains-guide.html
    Did you give IF or LG a try, Jim?

I've been on IF since August 1 and have lost about 17+ pounds so far. The benefits of intermittent fasting can not be understated in my opinion. The limited eating window prevents snacking at unnecessary hours, I feel more satisfied and full throughout the day, and it's easier for me to keep track of what I'm eating. On a physiological level I've read that IF allows the body to switch between anabolic and catabolic states more efficiently, allowing weight loss with minimal muscle loss. I've also read studies that suggest following an IF diet improves many health markers such as blood pressure and cholesterol.

I'm not exactly following leangains because I ignore certain aspects like cycling my carbs or increasing my calories on workout days. I've read that if bodyfat is above 10-15% it's better to just have a caloric deficit rather than worry about cycling etc. I follow the 16 hour fast/8 hour eating window with 1630 calories (70Fat 100Carb 150Protein). This week however I've decided to reduce my calories to 1300/day. I'll try this for a few weeks and see how I look/feel but I am a bit concerned that 1300 may not be enough. I'm really just trying to lose another 30 pounds as quickly as possible.

I keep track of everything I eat and I bought a food scale. I'm pretty good at eyeballing measurements now but I use the scale anyway because I paid $30 for it and I'm also neurotic. My diet is limited to boiled eggs, peanut butter, whole wheat bread, brown rice, tuna, sardines, chicken breast, bananas, almonds, whey protein, and various green vegetables. It's kind of boring but I look and feel much better than I did when I consumed lots of pizza, pasta, and Mountain Dew. Sometimes I mess up and have a few beers at a party or a few slices of pizza but I'm so disciplined 90% of the time that it doesn't really phase me.

Regarding exercise, I stopped going to the gym in September. I had a bit of a scare because my right knee started having weird hints of pain after my workouts. I realized that my body was unbalanced which I think was causing the problems so I've been doing bodyweight/calisthenics workouts. It's a bit hard because I'm still quite heavy but I'm slowly working my way up. I also try to do some yoga to increase my flexibility. I keep telling myself to go to the track a few times a week for HIIT sprints to burn some fat but I still haven't gotten around to that. In a few months I'd like to start capoeira because it's something I've always wanted to learn.

So, within 4 months (mid-Feb) I'd like to be down to 170 pounds and about 12-15% body fat; that's 30 pounds in 16 weeks. From there I'll begin the long and slow process of getting to 155-160 pounds with 8-10% BF. I honestly have no idea how long that will take me, but I'm looking forward to it.

Peace.
    SIGNATURE DELETED DUE TO MALWARE CLEAN UP YOUR ACT ASSHOLE

- The Administration

73422_153508018023650_4006680_n.jpg

i went from 200lbs to 140lbs in one year and have continued to maintain this weight since then. Hiking up a 3 mile mountain every other day helps. also i haven't had a drip of alcohol since 2010, which is a huge reason on why i'm able to maintain my weight.

San Diego Chargers Highlights 05
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason
    They didn't do a lot to improve contrary to what you really do believe, plus I still think Drew Brees was a fluke. I fully expect Antonio Gates to have a nice Sophmore slump seeing as how he's the ONLY target the much overrated Drew Brees has.

nice job man... mad respect

Quote Originally Posted by True Majin View Post
    Did you give IF or LG a try, Jim?
    I did IF last year for 3 months and lost a good 25 pounds. Since then, nope. I can't seem to get over the hunger during the fasting period! However, I do go as long as I can in the day before eating, because I love eating larger amounts around dinner time.

I see that the last time I posted here I was at 218. I gained back up to 241 this time. I've lost/gained the same weight 4-5 times now due to high motivation periods followed by myself returning to my old habits. On October 1st, I started keto. High fat, med protein, very low carb. Lost 6 lbs. so far and hope to lose more. It controls my cravings (haven't had a single one) and appetite. I'm really liking it.

It looks like you've learned a lot about this and have made tons of awesome progress. I hope you stick with it man.

Steven, that's just awesome.

not sure if I mentioned this, but I am a hardcore believer in IF

When I can do it (e.g. daily life doesn't require me to not be hungry) and am motivated I do it. I literally get results 5x as fast. I mean I lost the same weight per week because you can't change physics no matter how much you want to, but I experience muscle gains and fat loss, and look much better in the mirror. Whenever I'm out of shape I have comfort in the fact that just 3 weeks of hardcore IF + fasted training will get me results super quick.

if you want me to go into detail in what i do when I'm IF-ing I can.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    I see that the last time I posted here I was at 218. I gained back up to 241 this time. I've lost/gained the same weight 4-5 times now due to high motivation periods followed by myself returning to my old habits.
    This is the problem almost everyone has with dieting. Honestly Jim, my solution is replacing the habits that have caused weight gain with active habits that promote weight loss. For example, (I won't try to bring it up much) but I used to drink large amounts of beer everyday after work, at least two 40 ozs. I was able to replace that habit, after failing a few times, with hiking. For one year straight I was on top of this mountain in my neighborhood. After awhile, the urge for the old habit left, completely, and I was able to focus on other ways to maintain the lifestyle I desired.

NOW, the last time I was hiking almost everyday was in Dec last year. I started experiencing back and shoulder problems, plus I went back to school full time. So I've had to replace my habit of hiking with other productive activities, that while may not be the same, they could still produce a similar effect. For instance, my back/shoulder issues have been diagnosed as scoliosis, any form of walking or throwing with my right arm hurts, badly, but I can still ride a stationary back relatively okay for awhile, so I do that after classes for about an hour. Walking only hurts when it's a long distance, but what I do at school is park on the edge of the parking lots and walk to my classes all across campus. My campus is just small enough to not really effect my back when I walk from one side to the other, plus with all of the stairs and ramps I seriously could find a way to make this replace hiking.

I guess my bottom line to this is don't let resulting back to bad habits defeat you. Instead, have the awareness to identify that you are starting them again and find a new way to replace it. It's not easy, but consider me proof?

San Diego Chargers Highlights 05
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason
    They didn't do a lot to improve contrary to what you really do believe, plus I still think Drew Brees was a fluke. I fully expect Antonio Gates to have a nice Sophmore slump seeing as how he's the ONLY target the much overrated Drew Brees has.

I'm guessing by finding what % body fat you are, correct?

----------------------
    We Continue to Fight for Your TV Show Once Upon a Time Season 2 DVD Dreams

Almost 5 weeks into a cut right now. Keto!