Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Drugs

I wouldn't call it a moment of clarity. I was grasping at something, seeing it in different things, but it wasn't crystal clear. If I had to condense the feeling into words, it was a reminder of how short life is, how we're all living on borrowed time, and the importance of making the most of it. Reading those words is one thing, but actually feeling them was something spectacular and made the experience entirely worth it.
    SIGNATURE DELETED DUE TO MALWARE CLEAN UP YOUR ACT ASSHOLE

- The Administration

I know what you mean. I wish I were eloquent enough with my words to accurately describe what I go through during a trip. When I come out the other end, I come out with a different perspective on life or myself as an individual. It's crazy.

Have you ever had a bad trip? I think I have a tendency to get somewhat anxious, depressive, insular, and closed off. After the initial euphoria had weaned I felt myself heading in that direction but because I knew the shrooms would amplify those feelings I got meditative, cleared my head, and focused on the good things around me. That's something that I rarely do when sober, but I intend to make more of an effort in that regard now.

Some of the things I really enjoyed during my trip:

- The Administration

I've never had a bad trip, but I've seen it happen a few times. I remember once I felt like I was on the verge of one, because my sitter decided he was going to take my other friends who were tripping out to taco bell and leave me alone with my friend Josh who had popped a handful of bars. I started to freak out a little because I was overly focused on this dude who was sitting next to me on the couch looking half dead. I remember thinking to myself as I started to freak out that I had no control, and that I had simply had to ride this experience back into a positive setting. After a few minutes I had calmed down and everything was all good.

Good to hear you've never had a bad trip. I've heard Joe Rogan say that the best shroom experience is when you consume a huge amount and sit in isolation in the dark and just let the trip take you through uncharted lands and experiences. Sounds pretty crazy, I think I may try that some time in the (distant) future.

- The Administration

Quote Originally Posted by True Majin View Post
    Have you ever had a bad trip? I think I have a tendency to get somewhat anxious, depressive, insular, and closed off. After the initial euphoria had weaned I felt myself heading in that direction but because I knew the shrooms would amplify those feelings I got meditative, cleared my head, and focused on the good things around me. That's something that I rarely do when sober, but I intend to make more of an effort in that regard now.

I have had some bad trips. The last couple times I did psychedelics (LSD and 2C-T-2 respectively) the trips got WAY too introspective for my liking and it got kind of out of hand. I had to just let the iTunes visualizer and some good tunes get me back to baseline -- that always seems to do the trick. Ever since I made the move to hard drugs, I seem to get more anxiety and depressed when I trip. I've heard similar anecdotes from friends of mine who moved into serious addictions to opioids and they all seem to have the same bad trips. I always had good trips when I was younger/naive and just smoking bud and experimenting with other things. I suppose it's probably all that shame and guilt from being a junkie getting amplified by the psychedelic and it makes people uncomfortable. I think if I had a controlled environment, I could hopefully have an enjoyable trip again.

Speaking of bad trips, when I was 15 me and a few friends got some 2C-B. We were told to only take 15-30mg each. 3 of us did, the other friend took 45mg. It was pretty intense but the one friend who took 45mg his first time flipped the fuck out, took all his clothes off, hopped a neighbor's fence and dove into their pool screaming, "I'm fucking dieing and there's nothing I can do about it. AAAAAAAGHHHHH!!!" It was such a cliche bad trip. We had to hold him down and keep feeding him Ativan until he calmed the fuck down.

It seems telling that you started having bad trips around the same time you moved up to harder drugs. The bad trips may not just be from feeling guilty about drug use. I don't know your reasons for starting opioids but there may have been something deeply troubling that you were using them to address, and this same issue is what's coming to the forefront when you trip.

- The Administration

Yeah I got hooked on opioids in part because it seemed to be a cure-all for any psychological or physical distress. Psychedelics seem to bring that all back. It's insane how a hit of acid can be like doing years of psychotherapy in 6-8 hours. I have friends who have been off the dope for well over a year, a couple of them being very experienced psychonauts, and they still felt really uncomfortable for the duration of the trip. I really do think that it brings all the negative feelings back all at once and while it may be therapeutic in the right setting, recreational use of psychedelics seems difficult to enjoy after having gone through addiction to opioids (among other narcotics).