Thread: Web programming

Web programming

So, thinking about restarting web programming. Clearly, a lot has changed since I used to play around with websites out of boredom. There are so many different languages and setups now.

I'm thinking I should go over HTML5 to find out what has changed. CSS still seems the same. Thinking I'll pick up PHP/SQL for different types of driven websites.

Anyone have suggestions as to what language would be the most useful or different combinations to go with?
    Occasional visitor.

Quote Originally Posted by Alain View Post
    So, thinking about restarting web programming. Clearly, a lot has changed since I used to play around with websites out of boredom. There are so many different languages and setups now.

I'm thinking I should go over HTML5 to find out what has changed. CSS still seems the same. Thinking I'll pick up PHP/SQL for different types of driven websites.

Anyone have suggestions as to what language would be the most useful or different combinations to go with?
    XHTML/CSS is a must. If you already learned HTML, then getting yourself up to speed shouldn't be a problem.

http://www.w3c.org/

Then I'd move on to Java-Script. It's not too hard and is a good foundation for more advanced languages like PHP.

I was on this course, but I got a new job and needed to study IT oriented subjects like networking and PC repair for CompTIA certifications. I don't plan on abandoning my coding goals though.
    Last edited by Jim; 02-28-2012 at 10:16 PM.

Perfect. Thanks, Jim. I already know HTML and CSS so I'm not too worried.
    Occasional visitor.